Revision date 02/08/2024
If you have any questions regarding our privacy statement, please feel free to contact us by e-mail at email@example.com.
Gathering Of Information
Voluntary Submission of Personal Data
Personal data is information related to an identified or identifiable individual. The personal data that you provide to us through the use of our services is contextual.
Examples include (but are not limited to):
- When you complete a payment through EB2Gov you will provide your billing and contact information, which will include your name, address, telephone number, and email address. This information is required to process your payment and is provided to the government agency for which you are conducting business should they need to contact you regarding your transaction. Different payment methods may also require you to provide photo identification numbers, such as your driver’s license number.
- When you register for a myEB2Gov account, we collect your full name, email address and login credentials.
- Certain transactions, such as Vital Records Requests, require you to provide photo identification. We provide a safe and secure method for uploading your identification and a secure portal for the government agency we have partnered with to view your information. Our government partners will determine if this method of identification delivery is enabled for orders they are processing. You may choose to provide this information to the government agency via an alternative method. If you do choose to utilize our upload technology, the information you provide will be stored in our PCI-compliant environment and destroyed 60 days after it is submitted. Read more in our Data Retention section below.
Any necessary documents (including vehicle registrations and decals) will be mailed to the address currently on file with the government agency. Certain documents mailed from your government agency will not be forwarded.
A cookie is a data file that certain websites write to your computer's hard drive upon your visit. A cookie file can contain differing types of information, such as a user identification code, but usually is limited to information that enhances the user's experience both during the current session and subsequent return visits. The only cookie left on your computer identifies the municipality you last transacted business with so that when you return you will land on that municipality's services launch page, and some portions of the site may not be available if the user's browser will not accept cookies.
How We Respond to Do-Not-Track Signals
At this time, the EB2Gov and myEB2Gov sites do not recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include “Do Not Track” instructions.
Browser Level Data
Our web servers collect information about a user's IP address, referral web address, and browser type by reading this information from the visitor's browser. This information is provided by every browser and is collected in a database to be used in an aggregated, anonymous manner--by our internal analysis of traffic patterns on our website. This information is automatically logged by most websites.
Use of Information
EB2Gov and myEB2Gov will only use personally identifiable information as allowed by law. Our primary goal in collecting user information is to enhance your experience on our websites.
How we achieve this goal:
- Provide interactive communications and customer support you request.
- Complete transactions.
- Troubleshoot problems or resolve conflicts.
- Notify you of updates to the site, including new features and services.
- Review information for accuracy.
Protection of Your Personal Data
Financial information related to your payment method (for example: credit card number, card expiration, bank account number etc.) that may be collected to process your transaction is securely transmitted to our payment processing partner at the time of the transaction and is not stored on our servers. We only store very limited information to help identify your payment method (for example: last four (4) digits of card or bank account number and card brand). In addition, we employ safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, enforce physical access controls to our files and authorize access to personal contact information only for those employees who require it to fulfill their job responsibilities. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have reason to believe your personal information provided to us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel your myEB2Gov account has been compromised).
Personal Data Retention
The voluntarily submitted personal data related to your transaction is retained to provide historical transaction information in the myEB2Gov portal and to the extent it may be necessary to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and data retention policies mandated by the payment methods we support.
Any photo identification uploaded to our system will be retained for up to sixty (60) days after your order is submitted, after which it will be securely deleted from our servers.
EB2Gov and myEB2Gov shall not disclose, distribute, or rent its e-mail subscriber list to any third party not directly involved with the processing or fulfillment of your transaction, nor shall it permit anyone else to do so. During the fulfillment of your transaction, we, or the agency for which your transaction is intended, may reach out to you using the email provided when completing your transaction. From time to time, we may contact you regarding new features or improvements made to our services.
Your Privacy Rights
Under certain circumstance, and depending on your jurisdiction and applicable laws, you may have the right to:
- Request access to or a copy of your personally identifiable information held by EB2Gov and myEB2Gov.
- Send corrections to your personally identifiable information held by EB2Gov and myEB2Gov.
- Request the deletion or transfer of your personally identifiable information, subject to legal obligations and contractual requirements.
- Object to or request restriction of the processing of your personal identifiable information, subject to legal obligations and contractual requirements.
- Opt-out of or withdraw consent to receiving promotional communications from us by following the instructions provided in such communications.
- Request further information regarding how EB2Gov and myEB2Govuses your personally identifiable information, subject to legal obligations and contractual requirements.
Under certain circumstances, EB2Gov and myEB2Gov may need to restrict your privacy rights to safeguard the public interest, e.g., the prevention or detection of crime, and our interests, e.g., the maintenance of legal privilege.
Your Right to Complain
If you are not satisfied with our use of your personal information or our response to any request by you to exercise your rights, or if you think that we have breached any relevant data protection laws, then you have the right to complain to the data protection authority that supervises our processing.
California Privacy Rights
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act, residents of California are provided with certain rights regarding their personal information:
- The right to know, by way of our Policy and any specific inquiries you direct to us, the categories of personal information EB2Gov and myEB2Gov collects from you, the source(s) of that personal information, what EB2Gov and myEB2Gov uses that information for, whether it is being disclosed or sold, and if so, to whom.
- The right to “opt-out” of EB2Gov and myEB2Gov’s sale of your Personal Information to any third parties.
- The right to request EB2Gov and myEB2Gov to stop sharing your Personal Information with third parties.
- The right, with some exceptions, to have your Personal Information deleted from EB2Gov and myEB2Gov’s possession or control.
- The right to correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information.
- The right to receive equal service and pricing from EB2Gov and myEB2Gov even if you exercise any of your privacy rights.
For all California residents, any such inquiries shall be responded to within forty-five (45) days and at no cost to you. We must verify your identity with respect to such inquiries. Depending on the nature of the Personal Information at issue, we may require additional measures or information from you as part of that verification.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents who use our websites to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
We do not and will not sell personal information about California residents, as defined under California state law. We also have not done so for the last 12 months.
For California residents under age 18 who have publicly posted content or information, you may request and obtain removal of such content or information pursuant to California Business and Professions Code Section 22581, provided you are registered user of any website where this Policy is posted. To make such a request, please click here. Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted and that the law may not require or allow removal in all instances, even if requested.
To contact us to exercise any of the California rights listed above, please click here or call us at 1-800-927-5125.
Collection & Use of Information from Children
Our Services are not intended for children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children, and none of our Services are designed to attract children. In the event that we learn that a person under the age of 13 has provided personal information to us, we will delete such personal information as soon as possible.
Consent and Opting Out of Marketing Communications
EB2Gov and myEB2Gov do not generally process your personal information based on your consent (as we can usually rely on another legal basis). Where EB2Gov and myEB2Gov do process your personal information based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. To withdraw your consent, please email us at email@example.com.
EB2Gov and myEB2Gov provides you the opportunity to opt-out of marketing communications by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in email communications or by contacting us using the contact information provided below. EB2Gov and myEB2Gov will process your request as soon as possible in accordance with applicable law, but please be aware that in some circumstances you may receive a few more messages until the unsubscribe is processed.
EB2Gov and myEB2Gov may send you information regarding our Services such as information about changes to our policies and other notices and disclosures required by law. Generally, users cannot opt out of these communications, but they will be primarily informational in nature, rather than promotional.
International or Cross Border Transfers
EB2Gov and myEB2Gov may transfer and process personally identifiable information across national boundaries. When doing so, EB2Gov and myEB2gov will ensure appropriate safeguards are in place in compliance with relevant data protection laws to protect your personally identifiable information.
Updates to this Policy
EB2Gov and myEB2Gov may update this Policy from time to time to reflect changes in our practices or legal requirements. We will notify you of any material changes through our website or other means.
Your privacy is very important to us. If you have any questions, concerns, or requests regarding this Policy or our privacy practices or wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.